Author Topic: BU's Foul Mood Thread  (Read 80863 times)

Online Buster's Uncle

• Through art, I
  • Transcend
  • €460
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • Someone thinks a Winrar is You!  Because there are times when people just need a cute puppy  Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur  
  • AC2 is my instrument, my heart, as I play my song.
  • Planet tales writer Smilie Artist Custom Faction Modder AC2 Wiki contributor Downloads Contributor
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Factions
    • Awards
Re: BU's Foul Mood Thread
« Reply #2955 on: October 31, 2020, 06:50:31 PM »
You had a hurricane?
Played cards with the family during the outage?
Mostly stared off into the distance, desperately bored, and trying not to be upset.

Fourth time this year -so far- one has come in over Louisiana and passed near.  This was the first to still amount to a storm worth mentioning, here.  My ego is minorly wounded that no one saw anything on the news and noticed I'd not been on for over a day.

Offline E_T

« Reply #2956 on: October 31, 2020, 08:09:20 PM »
Tropical Storm, the one that hit New Orleans (Cat 2 Hurricane on Landfall).  It moved so fast that it was still fairly strong once it got to the BU Homestead in NC.
Three time Hugo Award Winning http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php
Worship the Comic here
Get your schlock mercenary fix here

Offline E_T

« Reply #2957 on: October 31, 2020, 08:14:28 PM »
...Made it through the hurricane just fine, thanks for asking - though every time we go through an extended power outage, we're profoundly reminded how much our lifestyles don't work without electricity.  A day-and-a-half THAT bored is always an experience...
I figured ya'll would.  From what the forecasters said, it should have been mostly wind when you got it.  Was it? 

Although, I didn't think you would have as much problem, power wise...   Good to hear things are alright.  How much do you think it effected ya'lls early voting?
Worship the Comic here

Online Buster's Uncle

• Through art, I
  • Transcend
  • €460
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • Someone thinks a Winrar is You!  Because there are times when people just need a cute puppy  Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur  
  • Planet tales writer Smilie Artist Custom Faction Modder AC2 Wiki contributor Downloads Contributor
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Factions
    • Awards
« Reply #2958 on: October 31, 2020, 09:53:05 PM »
Dunno, to that last - Not everybody in the region lost power, and Buster still had school.  Her Plague Dr. won best costume, BTW.

I imagine it kept a lot of people who weren't at work busy, but the early voting has been steady for two weeks already, and there's still a few days...  -WE -my wimminz and I- voted last week, if that's what you're asking.

We got this weird almost only a drizzle w/ impressively heavy winds, real hard on the trees heavy, for four hours or so.  The damage was done by noon, and the afternoon was sunny blue skies -though still a bit gusty- and 80 degrees, which is impressively high for the butt-end of October here.

Offline Rusty Edge

« Reply #2959 on: November 01, 2020, 02:48:40 AM »
Dunno, to that last - Not everybody in the region lost power, and Buster still had school.  Her Plague Dr. won best costume, BTW.

Awesome!

I tend to pay very close attention to a tropical storm/hurricane/tropical storm, or ignore it. Recently they've been in the ignore category. I've had one of those emergency hospitalization-in-the-family weeks. It ended well.
That said, I figure you're usually safe from such storms unless it stalls off the coast and fire hoses you.

Offline E_T

« Reply #2960 on: November 01, 2020, 05:58:55 PM »

We got this weird almost only a drizzle w/ impressively heavy winds, real hard on the trees heavy, for four hours or so.  The damage was done by noon, and the afternoon was sunny blue skies -though still a bit gusty- and 80 degrees, which is impressively high for the butt-end of October here.
Yeah, mostly wind only does hit hard, but without the weight of most of the water that usually blown with it, it doesn't have the same amount of the punch that it usually has.  Be grateful that it had mostly dried out before getting to you...
Worship the Comic here

Online Buster's Uncle

• Through art, I
  • Transcend
  • €460
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Factions
    • Awards
« Reply #2961 on: November 01, 2020, 07:24:10 PM »
It was a little drizzle-plus, and went on for a long time, mind you.

We have way the most mold in the basement in the house's 50 years, this year - and last summer was pretty much the first time.

Offline Geo

« Reply #2962 on: November 01, 2020, 08:54:38 PM »
Did you say mold?  :o
Clean that bucket more often!  :stickpoke:

* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Select language:

* Community poll

SMAC v.4 SMAX v.2 (or previous versions)
-=-
19 (7%)
XP Compatibility patch
-=-
9 (3%)
Gog version for Windows
-=-
78 (29%)
Scient (unofficial) patch
-=-
30 (11%)
Kyrub's latest patch
-=-
14 (5%)
Yitzi's latest patch
-=-
85 (32%)
AC for Mac
-=-
2 (0%)
AC for Linux
-=-
5 (1%)
Gog version for Mac
-=-
10 (3%)
No patch
-=-
13 (4%)
Total Members Voted: 265
AC2 Wiki Logo

* Random quote

The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist. Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say: It cannot be done.
~Academician Prokhor Zakharov @ University Commencement

* Select your theme