Author Topic: SMAX - The Will to Power - mod  (Read 18829 times)

Offline Nevill

Re: SMAX - The Will to Power - mod
« Reply #975 on: Today at 12:53:26 PM »
Can you please take a look if WtP did anything to change/undo the starting location changes made by Thinker?
faction_placement=1

It's several games in a row that I start within 8 tile distance from another faction.

Not sure if it should go in Issues, since I don't even know if it isn't just my confirmation bias. But if you want, I'll open a thread there instead.

Re: SMAX - The Will to Power - mod
« Reply #976 on: Today at 05:36:59 PM »
Can you please take a look if WtP did anything to change/undo the starting location changes made by Thinker?
faction_placement=1

It's several games in a row that I start within 8 tile distance from another faction.

Not sure if it should go in Issues, since I don't even know if it isn't just my confirmation bias. But if you want, I'll open a thread there instead.

Nope. Never touched it. I also observe pretty close starting locations sometimes. I'd say it is no biggie as long as each faction is not constrained in other directions. Remember that due to randomness in map generation it is not possible to give everybody an absolute equal location. There always will be some fluctuations.
Tim

* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Select language:

* Community poll

SMAC v.4 SMAX v.2 (or previous versions)
-=-
18 (6%)
XP Compatibility patch
-=-
9 (3%)
Gog version for Windows
-=-
77 (29%)
Scient (unofficial) patch
-=-
29 (11%)
Kyrub's latest patch
-=-
14 (5%)
Yitzi's latest patch
-=-
85 (32%)
AC for Mac
-=-
2 (0%)
AC for Linux
-=-
5 (1%)
Gog version for Mac
-=-
10 (3%)
No patch
-=-
13 (4%)
Total Members Voted: 262
AC2 Wiki Logo

* Random quote

Kri'lan taught me of the resonance and how to feel it. After much training, I could see ? the very surface under our feet, Planet itself ? is a living, fluctuating nexus of energy, violent, beautiful and quite unstable. And I could also feel its cousins ? distant mirrors on the other side of the space-time continuum ? the far-flung Manifolds.
~Prophet Cha Dawn 'The Betrayer and I'

* Select your theme