- Installation - Guide to getting AC fully patched and running properly.
- Strategy - Articles on improving your play.
- Faction Management - A description of factions and associated concepts.
- Modding - alphax.txt changes, graphics tutorials, faction text creation.
- Modpacks - Information on various sets fan changes, from balance tweaks to total conversions.
- Add terminology, which will generate hover text on every page.
- Encourage ete to finish uploading the datalinks.
- Populate and discuss wanted articles.
- Read the full to-do list for more ways to help out!
|Latest news - This wiki is under construction
I've been hard at play getting the rest of the datalinks up and sorting out a list of other bits and pieces which seems to grow as I do them, and progress is being made. The basic building blocks of this wiki should be all in place within the next week or two, and that's when the real fun begins. One of the things that attracted me to this project is the impressive ratio of highly skilled and interested people in the AC community, it seems like almost every active person is not just a citizen but a talent! My hope is that this wiki will become a focal point for those in the Alpha Centauri community who like to create, teach, organize, and research. And that together we'll build something brilliant.
Already several people have started helping out spontaneously, and several more with a little persuasion. BU's helped a lot by being around on IRC and encouraging me and converting a whole lot of images to .png for use on wiki, sisko for giving me the tools to make this place and putting up with me constantly asking for more tools for a while as well as helping set some tricky things up, Kilkakon for the mainpage design, and especially Testdummy653 (the wiki's first moderator!) for all his work tidying up the datalinks pages (mostly by creating innumerable redirects) and keeping me focused on fixing things. It probably won't be long before thanking all the significant contributors will no longer be practical, ah the youth of a project :D.
Anyway. Wikis are fun. You should all come and join in, whatever area of SMAXSid Meier's Alien Crossfire (Cross = X) you're particularly interested in. And come hang out on IRC, that's the best place to ask quick questions and get involved. --ete (talk pm) 17:19, 20 February 2013 (EST)