Community > Council Room

Building a Community

<< < (2/104) > >>

NewAgeOfPower:
I am a modder [Lite], player, and I did write fanfic... Don't see myself writing SMAC stories though.

"And so within 16 minutes of war being declared, the massive University flotilla of Elite Blink Hypometric Inertial Sky-Dreadnoughts [40!-24-23] utterly obliterated Sister Miriam's motley defenders, a few obsolete Impact Rover [4-1-2] convoys and some fanatical Silksteel Sentinels [1-4-1] squads..."

Anyways, if someone wants to have me beta-test a mod or Beta AC2, great!

If someone wants to ask for my input on moddability, okay!

Um... Okay.

Buster's Uncle:
Check out the stories in the Planet Tales forum for a sample of the possibilities of AC fiction.

And Kilkakon would really, really, really like feedback on his Lost Eden mod, which you find linked in the Modding forum.

There's something for everyone to contribute somewhere...

Flygon:

--- Quote from: NewAgeOfPower on September 23, 2012, 08:43:55 PM ---I am a modder [Lite], player, and I did write fanfic... Don't see myself writing SMAC stories though.

"And so within 16 minutes of war being declared, the massive University flotilla of Elite Blink Hypometric Inertial Sky-Dreadnoughts [40!-24-23] utterly obliterated Sister Miriam's motley defenders, a few obsolete Impact Rover [4-1-2] convoys and some fanatical Silksteel Sentinels [1-4-1] squads..."
--- End quote ---
We should read the official novels, and see how they did it. ;)

Buster's Uncle:
...I should mention that I'm offering free art favors -or much better, lessons in GIMP/Photoshop- in the Taking Requests thread in Rec Commons.  That's posting activity that's pure profit for you...

Green1:
Well, there are communities on older games that are VERY active. Age of Wonders 2 heaven at heaven games comes to mind. AoW:SM came out only 3 years later than Alpha Centauri. Like AC, there is no other game even into modern day that can match AoW:SM for the genre it does. Only Elemental: War of Magic comes close and it fails at it.

I even saw a community based on the old Forgotten Realms: Endless adventures which was based on the C64/128 and IBM 8086/286 construction set based on 2e DnD ising DOS emulators.

One of the things I think that confuses a lot of folks is that the community seems fragmented. There is a lot of "dont post here, post there..." stuff going on in PMs in other forums I have lurked on. Drama between you guys eons ago? Sheesh, not that I care. You have Aployton, Civ fanatics, WPC, 1BCciv, CGN, GoG, and probably a few I have not heard of.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version