Author Topic: Corona Virus  (Read 9614 times)

Offline Rusty Edge

Re: Corona Virus
« Reply #345 on: October 12, 2020, 11:18:11 PM »
Found out today that one of the nieces was exposed at work from a co-worker with whom she had close contact recently.
This is relevant to me because we were together at a family birthday dinner yesterday. 9 People there in total. I might have declined the invitation, but it's my wife's family, and she ditched the last birthday dinner out of an abundance of caution with a headache and sent me. This time she felt obligated. Keeping peace in the family and being cautious about coronavirus don't seem to be compatible.

The niece is prone to allergies and it's the season for leaf mold. She had a headache and sniffles.

I'll keep you posted.

PS- helicopter again last night.

Online Buster's Uncle

• Through art, I
  • Transcend
  • €268
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • Someone thinks a Winrar is You!  Because there are times when people just need a cute puppy  Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur  
  • AC2 is my instrument, my heart, as I play my song.
  • Planet tales writer Smilie Artist Custom Faction Modder AC2 Wiki contributor Downloads Contributor
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Factions
    • Awards
« Reply #346 on: October 12, 2020, 11:23:56 PM »
Utah's cases are skyrocketing and here at work, probably a third of those that actually come into the office are in quarantine. 

They are putting up even more stern signs....
Bleepin' national security.  Their bots freak when a foolish member posts commie hooey here, but they don't bother to enforce quarantine there as the security issue it is.  ;grrr

As far as 19 crows in my own family, both Momma's brothers married into white trash, and both sets of trash have had some crows go around.  -Nobody's died or tracked it in here.  I don't get out even as much as I used to, so I don't hear/see much local events - but nobody much has got it in Buster's Daddy's congregation, for what that's worth...

Offline Geo

« Reply #347 on: October 13, 2020, 07:18:14 AM »
I'd say we're surpassing American levels of infection rates now. 4000+ new cases/day now (on average last week). One of the federal experts fears now we're going to have days of 10000+ cases this week.
Except for work, groceries, fysiotherapie, and neighbours when the need arises, I don't meet other people.
More and more regions are putting stricter measures th3 the federal ones in effect.

To put things in perspective: 1 out of 1000 Belgians has now (officially) died of Covid19. Around 1 out of 100 has at some point contracted the disease.

Offline Rusty Edge

« Reply #348 on: October 17, 2020, 12:46:43 AM »
 Yeah, you've got us beat. Today was a new high at about 3,86something.

There was a local news story tonight about a 52 year old woman with no underlying conditions who survived Covid and 5 weeks on a ventilator. Unfortunately there was so much damage to her lungs that she needs a double transplant ASAP. This is the thing that I don't think most people get. It's not merely a 1-4% chance of dying. It's the misery and expense of the hospitalization and lasting complications that are cause for concern.

Offline Rusty Edge

« Reply #349 on: October 17, 2020, 12:51:02 AM »
Found out today that one of the nieces was exposed at work from a co-worker with whom she had close contact recently.
This is relevant to me because we were together at a family birthday dinner yesterday. 9 People there in total. I might have declined the invitation, but it's my wife's family, and she ditched the last birthday dinner out of an abundance of caution with a headache and sent me. This time she felt obligated. Keeping peace in the family and being cautious about coronavirus don't seem to be compatible.

The niece is prone to allergies and it's the season for leaf mold. She had a headache and sniffles.

I'll keep you posted.

PS- helicopter again last night.

Okay. The niece tested negative.  We still don't seem to have any symptoms, so we ran some errands today.

Offline Geo

« Reply #350 on: October 17, 2020, 07:04:07 AM »
I was wrong. About 1 out of 50/60 Belgians has (had) it now. The predicted 10000+/day cases had happened last Tuesday.
And those are just the ones of whom it was established through a test.
Curfew comes in effect this Monday night, between midnight and 5AM, horeca is closing down for a month. One's allowed ONE close contact with a person outside the family.

And my vacation trip for December got canceled. :'(

* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Select language:

* Community poll

SMAC v.4 SMAX v.2 (or previous versions)
-=-
19 (7%)
XP Compatibility patch
-=-
9 (3%)
Gog version for Windows
-=-
78 (29%)
Scient (unofficial) patch
-=-
29 (10%)
Kyrub's latest patch
-=-
14 (5%)
Yitzi's latest patch
-=-
85 (32%)
AC for Mac
-=-
2 (0%)
AC for Linux
-=-
5 (1%)
Gog version for Mac
-=-
10 (3%)
No patch
-=-
13 (4%)
Total Members Voted: 264
AC2 Wiki Logo

* Random quote

The prevalence of anoxic environments rich in organic material, combined with the presence of nitrated compounds has led to an astonishing variety of underground organisms which live in the absence of oxygen and 'breathe' nitrate. Likewise, the scarcity of carbon in the environment has forced plants to economize on its use. Thus, all our efforts to return carbon to the biosphere will encourage the native life to proliferate. Conversely, the huge quantities of nitrate in the soil will be heaven to human farmers.
~Lady Deirdre Skye 'The Early Years'

* Select your theme