Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri & Alien Crossfire > After Action Reports

Transcendence in 60 turns

(1/2) > >>

T-hawk:
Some folks here might know of my old report for a speed-run to transcendence victory in 76 turns.  I did a new run and writeup to improve on that, and got it all the way down to 60.  Base unmodded SMAC, transcend difficulty.  It's posted on my site here: http://dos486.com/alpha/speed2/

Buster's Uncle:
Impressive; I fancy myself quite the SP exploit master, but you used at least two cheats that are new by me.  ;b;  (I know one that makes Transcendence on the second turn possible, but few have the patience.  I, myself, have never actually bothered.)

-Note your custom title just granted...

Induktio:
"But muh exploits, REEEEE"

Intuitively it's easy to see various loopholes in the game, but it seems a lot harder to picture how they will affect the game progression when you combine all of them into a single run. I'd guess it's the linear vs. exponential distinction. With multiple exploits, you gain a "multiplicative" benefit of all the effects they are individually able to produce.

Buster's Uncle:
Oh, the time warp cheat isn't even playing the game.  Respect for these speed runs.

bvanevery:
Small phenomena are impressive!  It makes me wonder if anything applies to a much larger map though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version