Author Topic: HSBA double duel game TTT  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Kirov

Re: HSBA double duel game TTT
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2019, 07:19:35 PM »
Yeah man, I hear you. I had some good ideas but I also screwed up hilariously bad (like with the Cloning Vats, wtf kirov?). Anyhow, I think the game is just not designed for the players to have immediate access to each other (because that's what's the issue here, same as in our water game). I believe we should have outlined some clear thresholds to use force. As it is, it's just politeness that we didn't attack each other at Turn 2. I've been constantly in fear of your attack and simultaneously pulling my punches, with no clear concept on how to behave.

But since you dropped a base right behind my back, I'm guessing you want war. :D Especially since you didn't vote on Miriam in this election (why so mean?).

Offline roninscg

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2019, 11:15:00 AM »
I agree with you, i based the strategy on a SP, and I realized that SP is
useless  ;lol ;lol ;lol ;lol ;lol  because of all the science scenario  ;lol ;lol ;lol ;lol

Despite everything, eventually the game will grow into a slowe builder game. I doubt that we can harm one another.

Offline Kirov

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2019, 02:35:10 PM »
Damn, I've run into a problem. Whenever I hit 'end turn' for Roze, I have a crash to desktop. I was forced to replay it and and I saved several times throughout the turn, but so far nothing good comes out of it. Will try more combinations, expect a trillion reload messages.

Offline Kirov

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2019, 02:45:07 PM »
I tried ending the turn without any moves and I tried another copy of SMAX, to no avail. I'll wait for Mart to show up and will ask him to check it out.

Offline roninscg

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2019, 12:27:51 PM »
If you want, I can repeat the move, and send new save file.

Offline Kirov

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2019, 02:37:50 PM »
I checked by just opening and ending both turns and it seems that you don't need to replay, the problem is on my side/something I do. I will carefully redo the turns and save a lot during the process. I hope it works.

Offline roninscg

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2019, 06:35:51 PM »
you probably attack me, that is
trigger for crashing game  ;) :D 8) :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Offline Kirov

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2019, 07:49:23 PM »
Oh no. No no no. No no no no. No. Just no. No no no. I would never attack you without a prior proper authorisation from the Council.

Look, I just can't get myself around to try out which moves crash the turn and which don't. Can I ask you a favour, in that we would refrain from any moves this turn, apart from the absolute crucial ones like fending off any worms lurking around? You can move your formers, too. Sorry for that, recently my mind is completely elsewhere (I'm writing/pretending to write my MA thesis in Social Studies; it's gonna take a while). And I'm skipping two very nice supply pods, so it's me who's losing more.

And no, no no no.

* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Select language:

* Community poll

SMAC v.4 SMAX v.2 (or previous versions)
-=-
17 (6%)
XP Compatibility patch
-=-
8 (3%)
Gog version for Windows
-=-
69 (27%)
Scient (unofficial) patch
-=-
25 (10%)
Kyrub's latest patch
-=-
14 (5%)
Yitzi's latest patch
-=-
85 (34%)
AC for Mac
-=-
2 (0%)
AC for Linux
-=-
5 (2%)
Gog version for Mac
-=-
10 (4%)
No patch
-=-
12 (4%)
Total Members Voted: 247
AC2 Wiki Logo

* Random quote

The fungus has been Planet's dominant lifeform since about the time of the Lower Paleozoic on Earth. But when, once every hundred million years or so, the neural net at last achieves the critical mass necessary to become sentient, the final metamorphosis kills of most of the other life on the planet. It is possible that we humans can help to break this tragic cycle.
~Lady Deirdre Skye 'Planet Dreams'

* Select your theme