Author Topic: The Final Solution - SMACX AI Growth mod 1.17  (Read 3422 times)

Offline bvanevery

• Emperor of the Tanks
  • Librarian
  • €507
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • Allows access to AC2's quiz & chess sections for 144 hours from time of use.  You can't do without Leadship  Must. have. caffeine. -Ahhhhh; good.  
  • Planning for the next 20 years of SMACX.
  • AC Text modder Author of at least one AAR
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Final Solution - SMACX AI Growth mod 1.17
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2018, 02:50:14 AM »
is Santa slaying reindeer again
is Santa slaying reindeer again

MY 2266.  Golly Gosh, what wonderful last minute technology could possibly be bestowed upon me?  Watch it be something I was about to steal from Morgan anyways.

I love marines
I love marines

Actually this is pretty good, and something I expected to get since my focus is still Build, Conquer.  Of course I have to take or destroy Morgan Industries for this to help me at all.  I'm also belatedly remembering the pile of Artifacts I have sitting around that I've never cashed.  Well, the plan has been to steal all of Morgan's tech before popping anything, so I think I can be forgiven.  I don't recall any techs that would seriously change my situation anyways.  I never had time or money to build a Genejack Factory, and my existing weapons were powerful enough to make the assault.  Hope I prevail.

In my mod, aircraft carriers and submarines are lumped under Doctrine: Initiative as "Naval" stuff.  I don't really see a reason to dole those things out slowly.  This is the 22nd century, we aren't still figuring out how to build a carrier or a submarine.

liberation of my slaves
liberation of my slaves

In the west I've won a major air and naval battle.  I'm about to liberate the city that was mind controlled so long ago, and I'll get to steal a tech while I'm at it.

Chinese air corps
Chinese air corps

I have dumped all kinds of planes into Morgan Mines, regardless of state of health, for the last ditch effort against Morgan's capitol.  Next turn it is do or die.  If the AI continues to behave stupidly, I'll be in great shape!  Yet it would only take that 1 Transport and Probe Team sitting across the channel at Morgan Interstellar, to undo all my work.  At least I did keep Morgan busy on the island I'm occupying, so hopefully the AI won't think straight about what it should do.

A human would toast me... but then, a human wouldn't have gotten to corner the energy market for 1000 credits either.  I will strongly consider taking an ECONOMY bonus out of the social engineering choices, probably from Democratic.  Reminds me of when Santiago was getting Elite units without even learning Power yet.  Had to fix that too.

I just realized that all 3 factions who can't choose Democratic are in this game.  The Hive, the Cult of Planet, and the Usurpers.

I have a feeling of foreboding as I press TURN COMPLETE.

Offline bvanevery

• Emperor of the Tanks
  • Librarian
  • €507
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • Allows access to AC2's quiz & chess sections for 144 hours from time of use.  You can't do without Leadship  Must. have. caffeine. -Ahhhhh; good.  
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2018, 05:08:18 AM »
wow this is a stupid AI
wow this is a stupid AI

MY 2267.  Ok!  Am I going to win this thing or what??  And am I going to take Morgan Industries intact or am I going to have to destroy it?  Well will you look at that, Morgan doesn't even have as many units in his capitol as he used to!  What a maroon!  I'm going to save scum this a little bit to determine if it's realistic to attack without chemical weapons.  No, scratch that, all those non-AAA units are Very Green.  This is going to be cake!!!  He does have an Interceptor in Morgan Interstellar, so I'll need to avoid attacking within 2 squares of that.  Not a problem.  I need to block up those northwestern roads anyways.

congratulations Chinese air force
congratulations Chinese air force

I take wounds, but my air corps has done it!  Not bad for only having 1 Aerospace Complex.  See, you just need to deregulate your industry enough to spew enough toxic waste, then load it onto your planes.  Enemies love drowning in the stuff.  Although for some odd reason, Morgan has defended himself with super-wimps.  I looked at his government not long ago and he was Fundamentalist Simple Power.  Actually it still is.  So he must have built those units when he was a Complete Wimp and just left them there.

ha ha thats right Morgan you suck
ha ha thats right Morgan you suck

In celebration of this great victory, I am removing the +1 ECONOMY bonus from Democratic politics.  Instead it will have +2 EFFICIENCY.  For awhile now, I've actually thought the game was a bit EFFICIENCY poor anyways.  It's not easy to get enough of the stuff if you don't go Cybernetic.  I wanted to give Morgan his chance to win the game, and frankly, he came pretty close.  But now we don't need no steenkin' super-cheapo Corner The Markets anymore.  I mean, what if this cad tries it again?  Well, he'll be stone cold dead soon, but what if?

What if the Usurpers did it, while we were lounging around with our squabbles?  I don't think they will, because they will always choose Power over Wealth.  They also couldn't choose Democratic to get its +1 ECONOMY bonus.  Which is now disappearing.  Buh-bye!

a little problem called probe teams
a little problem called probe teams

I should enjoy my moment while I can, because I don't have the forces to dent Morgan Interstellar.  Even if I did, it's got the Planetary Energy Grid, and I'm not going to torch that.  With a 1177 credit reserve, and 1 probe team I can't touch, I can pretty well kiss Morgan Industries goodbye.  Unless... there's some heroic way to block up the roads, or wreck them?  Hmm.

the shortgevity vaccine
the shortgevity vaccine

I couldn't destroy, wound, or disrupt the Probe Team.  But I was able to block the land roads to Morgan Industries.  One X Needlejet attacked to destroy a Tactical defender.  This also depopulated the city and reduced their minerals to a tiny drip.  I won't destroy it because it contains the Planetary Energy Grid.  This may only stall the inevitable for 1 turn, but it will allow me to get my air force back to Morgan Mines without being part of a mind control.  Assuming the AI remains dumb and doesn't realize it can use its Transport to get at me.

for the love of Zhakarov
for the love of Zhakarov

Elsewhere I attacked north of my island, pursuing the usual depopulation exercise.

with friends like this who needs enemies
with friends like this who needs enemies

Well he was going to kvetch about my Power soon enough.  Good riddance, he's nothing but Alien bait anyways.

knock yourself out Roze
knock yourself out Roze

She's been useless the whole game.  I should never have given her Doctrine: Air Power.

hey the Aliens are not part of the UN
hey the Aliens are not part of the UN

This one makes no sense.  I'd mod or binary patch this one out of existence if I could.

Well there go my plans for peaceful commerce.   :D  On the positive side, none of them will stop me from nukeing them now.  My reputation has been slowly falling into the toilet, and I guess this all sets in when one reaches Infamous.  It would have been helpful to Repeal the U.N. Charter early in the game, but I never had the resources to buy the votes.  I guess I have to play the role of the maniacal despot and live with it.  As I intended all along. At least the 1st part.  Not so into the "living with it" part, but I will.

My fear is now Planet may be about to decide my fate.  The vengeance of Planet is truly horrific.  I've had some doubts if it's even survivable in the real world of keyboard clicking effort.  In another game with the Pirates, the spam got so bad every turn that I just couldn't justify playing any more.  When I embarked upon this AAR, I knew this could happen, and I'm willing to give it another go.  I wonder how long I'm going to last this time though, before getting sick of it.  As a precaution, I will not make any more X units, and I'm starting to make Trance 3-Res units everywhere.

easy come easy go
easy come easy go

Somehow I got 1049 energy credits.  I must have gotten on the order of 600 credits from conquering Morgan's capitol, but I really wasn't paying attention.  Sacrificing 1 Artifact, I rush the Maritime Control Center.  Fast Cruiser Probe Teams would be extremely useful in the fight against Morgan, as I can use them to knock out most of his probe teams and steal his money!

Offline bvanevery

• Emperor of the Tanks
  • Librarian
  • €507
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2018, 05:50:31 PM »
picking on the dumb AI
picking on the dumb AI

MY 2268.  Joy of joys!  The AI moved a land Probe Team and 2 Foil Probe Teams out into the open where I can easily kill them.  I may yet hold onto Morgan Industries if I can just obstruct other units long enough to wear Morgan down.

sure I pollute that much
sure I pollute that much

The claimed eco-damage numbers are getting absurd.  133?  I think I've seen one fungal pop the whole game.  I would be the model of restraint if it weren't for chemical weapons.  I'm not even running a Free Market, my PLANET rating is 0.  I'm not willing to go to Green or Knowledge yet (the latter gives +1 PLANET in my mod) as there's a war on.  If the war changes to one against mindworms, I'll rethink it.  I'm serious that everyone is making Trance 3-Res Garrisons though.

collateral damage
collateral damage

I replayed my turn because I wasn't aware that Morgan Transport contains the Xenoempathy Dome.  Quite an odd place to put it IMO.  Previously I wiped that city out.

Offline bvanevery

• Emperor of the Tanks
  • Librarian
  • €507
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2018, 07:57:13 PM »
its Morgans fault really
its Morgans fault really

MY 2269.  Time for fungus!  I wonder how bad it's going to get?

ok my bad
ok my bad

A little bit bad?

I dinna do it
I dinna do it

Somewhat bad?

this is all Fake News
this is all Fake News

Maybe it's bad.

believe me its Fake
believe me its Fake

I feel reasonably safe in saying it's bad.  On the positive side, this might make me a lot of money, assuming there's a stack of mindworms with each of these fungal pops.  I haven't gotten to see for sure yet.

Mexico is going to pay for this
Mexico is going to pay for this

I think this is pretty bad game design BTW.  No warning, the game just basically falls off a cliff.

I know I spray toxic waste from the air but come on
I know I spray toxic waste from the air but come on

Who says the chemical weapons I developed are that polluting anyways?

make it stop
make it stop

I think this is going to affect every single city I have.

Morgan Mines dinna do it
Morgan Mines dinna do it

Even cities that aren't and never have supported an X Needlejet!

for those of you about to die we salute you
for those of you about to die we salute you

I'm actually getting bored taking screenshots of this mess, but I will do it for the sake of Record.

did I feel a drop of rain
did I feel a drop of rain

Finally an end to this.  66 meters doesn't exactly have me quaking in my boots, and quite frankly is absurdly low given what just happened.  But I have a sinking feeling it's not going to last.  I think I will conform to Planet's demands and immediately become more Planet friendly.  'Cuz, I've got a lot more spraying to do, after all.

oh good grief
oh good grief

But it's not over yet!  Is it conceivable that I'm going to lose the game in 1 turn?

Krakatoa
Krakatoa

This is like a zit on Planet.

come on this is getting seriously old
come on this is getting seriously old

I think players would be justified in rage quitting at this point.  There's nothing in the game manual that says this stuff is going to happen, at all.  Only because I've experienced something similar before, do I put up with it.  Be advised that I sort of expected this, when I started writing this AAR, but this is bad even within those expectations.  I wonder how tall the mindworm stacks are going to be?  Land stacks aren't so bad because 1 hit kills them and makes you money.  Sea stacks, however, could obliterate bases.  Powerful artillery is a good antidote to that, as it tends to kill a lot of Isles all at once, but I don't really have powerful artillery.  Wasn't the thing needed to kill Morgan, and I haven't even had time to build many Trance 3-Res Sentinels yet.

this is like counting sheep
this is like counting sheep

I remember in that game I played as the Pirates, it only took 25..30 chemical attacks before Planet attacked.  I got waaaaaay more than that out of Yang.  Was it a difference in map size?  But now that the onslaught is upon me, I think I'm getting proportionately waaaaaaay more pops.  I wonder what kept the popping from happening earlier?  Hmm, here's a theory: Morgan's attempt to corner the global energy market.  Maybe it postponed all of this until after it was over.

seriously
seriously

This really is getting beyond the point of anything I've ever seen in this game.  Even endgames with Bulk Matter Transfer only have cities doing on the order of 99 eco-damage.  I saw as high as 152 the previous turn.  How does that even accumulate?  In a normal game with normal amounts of damage due to minerals, fungal pops start happening around 15..20 pollution and escalate.  This is a badly behaved game to the point of smelling very, very buggy.

finally
finally

Now I just need to figure out how many mindworms I'm really facing.  Turns out these stacks are not big, typically just 1 mindworm and 1 spore launcher.  "Beginning" stuff.  Eco-damage numbers aren't as ridiculous, with the highest now at 93, but they're still awful and crazy compared to a normal game.

the Chairman is flexible
the Chairman is flexible

I switch to Green, hoping it changes the status quo a bit.  The max eco-damage did just drop to 62, so that was roughly a 33% improvement on things.  I haven't done any chemical attacks yet this turn.  Watch what happens when I make them.

the punishment is pollution
the punishment is pollution

I think with one chemical attack on a city, the eco-damage in my capitol rose from 62 to 74.  I will check again after the next strike, just in case it was about me futzing a minerals square or something.

a cuckoo clockwork
a cuckoo clockwork

Yep it's like clockwork.  After attacking an enemy ship with chemical weapons, eco-damage in my capitol rose to 86.  The units weren't made in my capitol or supported from there either.  Probably every single city got additional eco-damage.  Well this is just grossly unfair and crazy, so I'm going to keep doing it.  If I lose the game this turn, so beit!  It will be a demonstration of a serious bug AFAIAC.

Offline bvanevery

• Emperor of the Tanks
  • Librarian
  • €507
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2018, 08:53:46 PM »
more of a problem
more of a problem

MY 2270.  I'm not documenting the fungal pops anymore.  They're still happening.  I'm also getting attacked by mindworms I couldn't see, even though I had sensor arrays up.  There's this buggy behavior where you can see them when looking at a city menu, but not on the main map.  It's tedious having to shuffle through everything and consequently I got zapped in a few places.  Whatever.  This game has passed into the realm of it griefing me, and it's only the discipline of writing an AAR that would require me to experience it.

ok now that is a threat
ok now that is a threat

Now they're talking 800 meters.  So in addition to whatever defensive units I'm trying to make, I need to come up with Pressure Domes in some places.  I count at least 8 fungal pops since this turn started.

sigh

933 meters.  14 fungal pops.  We all like to play wargames about foes with superior resources that get to appear right next to you.

the tones of the universe are speaking to me
the tones of the universe are speaking to me

1266 meters.  20 fungal pops.  At least it's a regular pattern.  Got a 21st pop and then got to actually take my turn.

do I even have enough units
do I even have enough units

This is a lot of mindworms.  It's not even counting the ones at sea.  I am remembering why I got bored of that Pirate game and decided it was unwinnable.  I'm not there yet but this game is now dictating to me how I'm going to play.  After awhile that's not a game, that's a job.

come on get real
come on get real

217 eco-damage in my capitol.  I swear if I ever make my own 4X TBS, it is not going to be about a "sentient Planet taking vengeance".  This sucks / is stupid!  At least I've got a lot of money, 1475 credits.  Previous experience is I'd better darned well spend that on defense in a hurry.  It's enough cash to buy The Longevity Vaccine with the assistance of 1 Artifact, but I think Pressure Domes everywhere are a higher priority.  Fortunately Morgan gave up trying to build it, so I've got time.

Offline bvanevery

• Emperor of the Tanks
  • Librarian
  • €507
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2018, 01:39:22 AM »
I am about done
I am about done

MY 2271.  This is descending into almost a complete lack of player agency on my part.  What is my tolerance for abuse?

why play
why play

At this point I don't think I'm playing a game anymore.  I'm documenting a phenomenon.  For whose benefit though?  How much information does the imagined audience need, or care about?

will it destroy others
will it destroy others

I suppose if all of my stuff is destroyed, I will have fewer things to worry about in any given turn.

one beneficial side effect
one beneficial side effect

Morgan Interstellar was greatly weakened for some reason, I'm supposing by a stack of mindworms running into it, so I was able to take it.  I used conventional attacks only, since the defenders were weak.  Planet has done me a strange favor.  As usual the question remains whether I can hold it.  Especially since, the mindworms seem likely to be the global conquerors at this point. 

Offline bvanevery

• Emperor of the Tanks
  • Librarian
  • €507
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2018, 03:15:20 AM »
first base destruction
first base destruction

MY 2272.  Eh.

second
second

Meh.  I got hammered by piles of mindworms, Isles, and Locusts that were already surrounding my bases and coming from invisible positions.  Not that I could have done much even if I could have seen them.

in search of Noah
in search of Noah

I can't really care anymore.  I'm along for the ride.

infinite rain
infinite rain

It takes a long time just to make all these screenshots of me being flooded.

where did it go
where did it go

I seem to have lost a sea base to Locust / Isle slaughter.  It was empty last turn.  It should be in the middle of the screen, between Factory Drift and Seat of Proper Thought.  I didn't even manage to sell anything there.

more

I managed to steal Advanced Ecological Engineering from the Cultists.  Morgan had it as well, but nothing else.  I now have tech parity with all the humans.  I probably have tech parity with the Aliens as well, but I've never been able to infiltrate them to find out.  I'm now going to cash many of my Artifacts because I fear they're in danger of being overrun and destroyed.  I spread them out amongst more bases recently, only to find that my rail lines were getting cut off by big swaths of mindworms.  I wanted to wait until I had tech parity to cash them, so as not to waste them.  Now is the time.

needed it 30 years ago
needed it 30 years ago

Helpful against humans and Aliens, but not against mindworms.  A long time ago I put armored probe teams in every base.  Only ones that have been conquered or hammered are missing a probe garrison.

would the pollution even matter
would the pollution even matter

Not specifically helpful.

I could sink stuff faster
I could sink stuff faster

Heh!  I have already pretty much destroyed the world as we know it with chemical weapons.  Note that in my mod, orbital facilities are not immediately available, only the nukes.  However my nukes can hit anywhere on Planet.  As can the Conventional Missiles.  This could be useful if the mindworm onslaught ever ends.  Also note: Sky Hydroponics Labs, Orbital Power Transmitters, and Nessus Mining Stations are not available until late game.  My view is those are extensive orbital facilities, not a mere satellite in orbit nor a missile re-entering the atmosphere.

crawl where
crawl where

In my mod, Industrial Automation is a late midgame tech.  You can't just build a pile of Secret Projects lickety split until you've researched a lot of tech.  As I now have, for all the fat good it's doing me.  It does accomplish one specifically useful thing though.  If I can manage to build 1 or 2 crawlers, I'll have something to rapidly complete a Secret Project with, without needing to use up Artifacts anymore.  That means it's reasonable for me to pop my last Artifact for a tech and not hold back.

if only it was dehydrated and I could add water
if only it was dehydrated and I could add water

YES!!  This is what my Artifact popping was all about.  I've got to build the Neural Amplifier as fast as possible.  Cash is not usually the problem due to all the dead mindworm bodies.  I've got 1388 cash right now and I've already paid for all the Pressure Domes I can rush economically.  The problem is the initial dump of minerals so that I can insta-build without exhorbitant cost.  Of course I just used up my last Artifact to get this tech, so that's not an option. 

ground up probe teams make the best mortar
ground up probe teams make the best mortar

A stratagem: sacrifice probe teams.  No one has ever come for my homeland anyways.  If I can get the Hunter-Seeker Algorithm done soon, I won't even need them anymore.  Oddly though, my armored probe teams do seem to hold up against mindworms somewhat.  I'm not sure why that is.  But I have to get rid of something and I still think they're the most expendable.

the parts of an agents brain
the parts of an agents brain

It only took 2 teams.  They are somewhat expensive units.

Offline bvanevery

• Emperor of the Tanks
  • Librarian
  • €507
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2018, 04:03:03 AM »
competence
competence

MY 2273.  Morgan finally played the game like any old fool would and took back Morgan Industries.  Well at least I don't have to stress about defending it any longer.  I also achieved putting a Pressure Dome on it, so if it didn't get destroyed during the air drop, then those Secret Projects will be safe for future generations.  Namely of my own citizens, when these mindworms finally abate.

third
third

I care.  But not about what you think.

now you build me
now you build me

After a few dozen mindworm / Locust attacks that liquidated substantial portions of some of my cities, the Neural Amplifier comes online.  I only hope it stops future hordes.  I've now got cities that are empty, with Secret Projects in them that at risk of being destroyed if I can't reinforce.  And with the massive air power being used against me, I'm not really seeing how I reinforce.

glub glub
glub glub

I am starting to think I am merely presiding over my own destruction.  Am I Hitler in his bunker?  I don't even have the patience to make a screenshot of the various crippled and empty bases.

despair
despair

I think both the Command Nexus and the Maritime Control Center are about to be destroyed.  There's a solid wall of Locusts that I can't get through.  I flew some planes around it, hoping they might take enough hits to let the city survive, but it seems unlikely.  I won't sell anything because each of those base facilities could absorb a mindworm hit.  Maybe the cities will survive due to population?  Even that seems unlikely, there are so many Locusts.

I lost the use of my only Monolith, so I can't instantly heal units anymore.  That will hurt.

It would take more production, say of drop units, to survive this sort of thing.  Fusion Power of course wouldn't be discovered yet, as it's a late midgame tech in my mod.  I think Morgan only very recently discovered Bioadaptive Resonance and the R-Laser.  I need to go steal it, and of course I have what, 1 Foil Probe Team on the wrong side of the map to do it with.  I said I was going to make Cruiser Probe Teams, but who has time?

Offline bvanevery

• Emperor of the Tanks
  • Librarian
  • €507
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2018, 04:27:43 AM »
as usual
as usual

MY 2274.  Surprisingly my 2 bases with Secret Projects have survived without anyone dying in them.  Especially since 1 is defended with an armored Probe Team.  I guess the Neural Amplifier is worth something.  Of course Planet keeps sending more so I don't feel like patting myself on the back yet.

think of the children
think of the children

I reinforced a depleted Morgan Interstellar with a Trance Scout and an armored Probe Team.  I'm building a Pressure Dome for posterity, so that the Planetary Energy Grid doesn't drown.  I've managed to sneak reinforcements into the city with the Comamnd Nexus so I don't expect to lose that.  The Maritime Control Center is defended by practically nothing though.  Just a wounded Probe Team and a Needlejet.  6 mindworms are adjacent to the city, a stack I couldn't attack for lack of ground troops.  6 Locusts will pound it, and if that's not enough there's a big Spore Launcher.  If I get to keep the MCC it's a miracle / peculiar.

I started building the Longevity Vaccine in my capitol last turn.  I hope to have a big wad of cash from killing mindworms at some point.  I'm not making as much money off of them right now because they've had so many air units that I can't attack.  Also my rails are in tatters so it's not easy to just move ground units by rail like I used to.  Everything is going to sink anyways.  This turn I'm completing the last of my Pressure Domes though, so I won't be the one sinking.

Offline bvanevery

• Emperor of the Tanks
  • Librarian
  • €507
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2018, 05:08:58 AM »
whos living long
whos living long

MY 2275.  I managed to save the city with the Command Nexus, but the city with the Maritime Control Center was utterly destroyed.  The moral of that is a nuclear strike isn't the only danger one can face, when choosing Secret Project cities.  I spread my Secret Projects out... but that made it easy for mindworms to kill one of them.

Mindworms might be calming down some now.  Alternately, they've destroyed all my Sensor Arrays and I can't see them!  I'll find out soon enough.  For my sea bases though, I'm tired of making Trance Scouts.  I've started on AAA Trance 3-Res Hoverboats instead.  They should hold up to Locusts better.

I'm rushing the Longevity Vaccine because I can.  It's been available for a long time but nobody's had the resources to build it.  After that I'll do the Hunter-Seeker Algorithm.

Offline bvanevery

• Emperor of the Tanks
  • Librarian
  • €507
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2018, 06:31:07 PM »
good riddance
good riddance

MY 2276.  I have been trying to destroy Morgan Hydroponics myself for quite some time, with chemical weapon attacks.  Morgan wasn't good enough to put units in it often enough for me to get a killing blow in, and I've never had any spare ground troops available to enter and obliterate.  So this is the 1st tactically valuable flooding I've experienced.  Hardly worth all the grief I've suffered otherwise though.

chew the fungus
chew the fungus

I capture my 1st mindworm in all this time since I've been Green.  It makes me wonder if eco-damage levels prevent mindworm capture.  I'm down to 0 eco-damage in all my cities now.  The storm is over!  Will it all start up again if I do more chemical attacks though?  I've all but wiped out the Morganic bases I needed to get rid of, but there are still Cultist bases I'd like to torch.  It's going to take some time to get onto an offensive posture though.  My air force is still mostly at Morgan Mines, not much used, but putting out fires as they happen.  I've decided I can afford to redirect one more X Needlejet to the Cultist front though.  That would double the amount of force I've put against them; I've been fighting them with only 1 of my original 3 X Needlejets this whole time.

I made 1 chemical attack this turn against a Cultist base.  I wonder if there's some small number of attacks per turn I can get away with?  Wouldn't it be neat if Planet just doesn't care anymore?

I've cashed more Probe Teams to build the Hunter-Seeker Algorithm, but I don't have it complete yet.  Need one more turn.

Offline bvanevery

• Emperor of the Tanks
  • Librarian
  • €507
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2018, 06:52:43 PM »
another thorn removed
another thorn removed

MY 2277.  Maybe the western island of Cultists is doomed and I shouldn't worry about making further chemical attacks.  Some of those cities are building Pressure Domes though, so I'll need to inventory how many turns they've got until completion.

Offline bvanevery

• Emperor of the Tanks
  • Librarian
  • €507
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2018, 07:07:43 PM »
new Atlantis
new Atlantis

MY 2278.  That's one of the Pressure Dome cities I was thinking about destroying myself.  Sadly, it contained an Artifact that I was unable to liberate.  I'm never sure if I need ground troops for that, or if an air strike suffices at times.  It seems a bit random.

grr

Researching this is annoying.  I was about to steal it this turn.  Instead I stole some money.

Offline bvanevery

• Emperor of the Tanks
  • Librarian
  • €507
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2018, 08:00:06 PM »
what took you so long
what took you so long

MY 2279.  The Morganites liberate Morgan Interstellar.   I did my part in the stewardship, it got a Pressure Dome.  With the loss of the Planetary Energy Grid my revenues won't be so good though.  I never sold my Energy Banks because I figured this would happen eventually.  Just as, eventually I will take all 4 of these Secret Project bearing cities by conventional means.  First I need to build some conventional forces.  I'm swearing off the chemicals!

Offline bvanevery

• Emperor of the Tanks
  • Librarian
  • €507
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2018, 08:09:12 PM »
my wimpy slaves
my wimpy slaves

MY 2280.  I need to rebuild, so I'm switching from Power to Wealth.  I'm also setting my budget to 40-20-40.  I'm not really fighting anymore, as most of Morgan's cities within range of my X Needlejets have Secret Projects in them.  I need those to stay intact.  Morgan is also being attacked elsewhere by Marr now.  I don't think I'm going to get any real eco-damage from going negative with PLANET, given the number of fungal pops I just survived.  Indeed, my eco-damage in all my cities is still 0.  As the land sinks, it's going to be a challenge getting enough minerals together to run a civilization.  I remember that from my Pirate game that went like this.

* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Select language:

* Community poll

SMAC v.4 SMAX v.2 (or previous versions)
-=-
18 (6%)
XP Compatibility patch
-=-
9 (3%)
Gog version for Windows
-=-
76 (29%)
Scient (unofficial) patch
-=-
27 (10%)
Kyrub's latest patch
-=-
14 (5%)
Yitzi's latest patch
-=-
85 (32%)
AC for Mac
-=-
2 (0%)
AC for Linux
-=-
5 (1%)
Gog version for Mac
-=-
10 (3%)
No patch
-=-
12 (4%)
Total Members Voted: 258
AC2 Wiki Logo

* Random quote

Important? Yes. Critical? Absolutely! I would go so far as to say that superconducting fiber alone makes our present economy possible.
~CEO Nwabudike Morgan, Morgan Link 3DVision Live Interview

* Select your theme