Other Games > Other Games

Star Trek: Birth of the Federation?

(1/4) > >>

bvanevery:
Does this title mean anything to anyone around here?  I encountered someone on Reddit who seemed to think it should have been falling off my tongue, as a 90s gamer.  Never heard of it myself, wonder why I would have cared or noticed.

Buster's Uncle:
Yeah, I've heard of it, but more as a trekker, not so much in my capacity as a gamer.  It --- was it the one that got together Original Cast for over an episode's worth of voiceover material - the last thing they ever all did together?  If you care, I could ask my sister about it.  She's the one involved with fandom...

Syn:
YES!

By far my most favourite game ever.

That said... it's not at all well-known. Maybe if you're very into the 4X genre, but even then... It was not a game that did well and it also didn't age well from a technical viewpoint (it's a chore to get it to run on anything XP and up).

bvanevery:
Ok, I think the Reddit guy was confusing being in love with it, for everybody knowing it.  I don't feel bad now.  I remember playing "most" of the planet based titles back then, granted I did not care as much about the space based ones.  GalCiv II is really the only one I did, and that was an early 2000s title.

Buster's Uncle:

--- Quote from: BUncle on March 30, 2018, 02:01:38 AM ---was it the one that got together Original Cast for over an episode's worth of voiceover material - the last thing they ever all did together?
--- End quote ---
Syn?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version