Author Topic: Tiny map of Chiron  (Read 156 times)

Offline lithovore

Tiny map of Chiron
« on: October 02, 2017, 12:00:39 PM »
  • Publish
  • I made a tiny map of Chiron for fun.  It's pending approval in the downloads section - I tried to add an image to the post, but it didn't work, and I can't seem to edit my file upload.

Edited to add:  The most viewed map in the map downloads section by far is the "small map of Chiron" for an old tournament, posted by sisko in 2012 - but there's no file in the zip.  I was inspired to make this tiny map because I wanted to play that one - does anyone have it?  If not, would anyone be interested in a remake?

I'm not even sure if the image will appear here, but I thought I'd give it a shot.  Seem that that works :)

Otherwise, the map can be viewed at https://imgur.com/a/mU8p3.
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 09:33:22 PM by lithovore »

Online Geo

Re: Tiny map of Chiron
    « Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 02:45:45 PM »
  • Publish
  • That's one metal-rich map there...

Offline lithovore

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 09:29:36 PM »
  • Publish
  • That's one metal-rich map there...

Do you think that's a problem?  One of the things I discovered making the map is that when you "randomise resources and beacons" there's only a small number of fixed patterns that can be generated - so I picked the one I liked the look of the most (no special resources were placed manually).

I also used the default "randomise rockiness," which generates rockiness based on terrain height and surroundings (and so isn't really random at all - it will only generate one pattern unless you change the terrain).

In the end the map is definitely on the rich side for most resources - to be expected with all the landmarks.  I figured that most people who play tiny maps do so for the ability to have a fast game, which greater resource density also helps with.

Online Geo

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 11:21:46 PM »
  • Publish
  • No, no. That was not criticism. Just a remark that with all the landmarks so close to one another the map offers a lot of minerals (and energy of course).

* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
    Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Select language:

* Community poll

SMAC v.4 SMAX v.2 (or previous versions)
    -=-
    14 (6%)
    XP Compatibility patch
    -=-
    7 (3%)
    Gog version for Windows
    -=-
    45 (22%)
    Scient (unofficial) patch
    -=-
    22 (10%)
    Kyrub's latest patch
    -=-
    14 (6%)
    Yitzi's latest patch
    -=-
    78 (38%)
    AC for Mac
    -=-
    2 (0%)
    AC for Linux
    -=-
    5 (2%)
    Gog version for Mac
    -=-
    7 (3%)
    No patch
    -=-
    9 (4%)
    Total Members Voted: 203
    AC2 Wiki Logo

* Random quote

Our first challenge is to create an entire economic infrastructure, from top to bottom, out of whole cloth. No gradual evolution from previous economic systems is possible, because there is no previous economic system. Each interdependent piece must be materialized simultaneously and in perfect working order.. otherwise the system will crash out before it ever gets off the ground.
    ~CEO Nwabudike Morgan 'The Centauri Monopoly'

* Select your theme

Facebook Comments