Author Topic: Rusty's Ramblings  (Read 21044 times)

Offline Geo

Re: Rusty's Ramblings
« Reply #375 on: February 11, 2020, 08:10:23 AM »
The mystery was what would make me clench and grind my teeth as I slept, when I'm retired and have no bosses or deadlines or financial stress, and my health is the best it's been in 10 years? Especially in the last 10 days?

FORNICATING TRUMP!

You should consider an outhouse in Costa Rica for the remainder of the year!

Offline Rusty Edge

« Reply #376 on: February 12, 2020, 07:14:33 PM »
The mystery was what would make me clench and grind my teeth as I slept, when I'm retired and have no bosses or deadlines or financial stress, and my health is the best it's been in 10 years? Especially in the last 10 days?

FORNICATING TRUMP!

You should consider an outhouse in Costa Rica for the remainder of the year!

True. More likely I'll simply step back from cable news and internet. I did something similar at one point during the Clinton administration, and was much happier.

The mouth guard, the elimination of caffeine, and trying to pay less attention to Trump are actually working. Teeth only hurt once since my Dentist visit.

Offline Rusty Edge

« Reply #377 on: March 16, 2020, 02:07:06 AM »
I'm still managing to avoid the teeth pain. Of course now, between the stock market and the Coronavirus stuff, I have something to be stressed about that will impact me directly. We are reluctant to liquidate any stock at current value. Then again, it looks like our travels will be curtailed this year whether we want to or not. So our needs will be much less.

I dusted off my seeds and peat trays, and I'm trying to grow my own greens this year. So far I've started kale and turnips for tops. I have a tower planter with a watering system being shipped. I'll probably plant some carrots, beets, radishes and turnips ( different variety) for roots and some various lettuce in time.

Haven't gotten over my sinus infection, so I haven't given blood.

The ice is coming off and I'm beginning to take walks again.

Online Buster's Uncle

• Through art, I
  • Transcend
  • €983
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • Someone thinks a Winrar is You!  Because there are times when people just need a cute puppy  Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur  
  • AC2 is my instrument, my heart, as I play my song.
  • Planet tales writer Smilie Artist Custom Faction Modder Downloads Contributor AC2 Wiki contributor
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Factions
    • Awards
« Reply #378 on: March 16, 2020, 02:20:30 AM »
Spring is trying to sprung here.  Momma and I are going to assess the foliage in front of the playhouse and do some trimming before it's too late tomorrow afternoon.  I'll try to get before and after pics of the holly tree/bush...

Offline Geo

« Reply #379 on: March 16, 2020, 03:52:47 PM »
Why would it be too late tomorrow afternoon? A cold spell comin' in?

Online Buster's Uncle

• Through art, I
  • Transcend
  • €983
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • Someone thinks a Winrar is You!  Because there are times when people just need a cute puppy  Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur  
  • AC2 is my instrument, my heart, as I play my song.
  • Planet tales writer Smilie Artist Custom Faction Modder Downloads Contributor AC2 Wiki contributor
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Factions
    • Awards
« Reply #380 on: March 16, 2020, 04:06:07 PM »
No, you just don't want to do ruthless pruning after the plant's gotten into the growth phase, and many of the trees have started budding, so close examination will inform my trimming...

Offline Rusty Edge

« Reply #381 on: March 17, 2020, 12:47:02 AM »
Chickens. Not legal here in the suburbs, and not even practical because firearms discharge isn't legal either, and that results in a robust population of raccoons, foxes and coyotes- all of which like to eat chicken.

But I find myself wishing I had them again. I used to have a compost heap of table scraps, meal prep trimmings and pulled weeds. The chickens would eat what they liked and let the bugs or worms have the rest, then eat them, too. So they recycled the organic garbage into fresh eggs. Something I miss now that I'm homebound, or trying to be.

As it is I have a plastic composter that converts the low protein waste to soil, and then I can grow greens in it. It's much slower than chickens.

* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Select language:

* Community poll

SMAC v.4 SMAX v.2 (or previous versions)
-=-
18 (7%)
XP Compatibility patch
-=-
9 (3%)
Gog version for Windows
-=-
70 (27%)
Scient (unofficial) patch
-=-
26 (10%)
Kyrub's latest patch
-=-
14 (5%)
Yitzi's latest patch
-=-
85 (33%)
AC for Mac
-=-
2 (0%)
AC for Linux
-=-
5 (1%)
Gog version for Mac
-=-
10 (3%)
No patch
-=-
12 (4%)
Total Members Voted: 251
AC2 Wiki Logo

* Random quote

Objects once measured in meters have become so small that they cannot be seen by the naked eye, with revolutionary applications across the board. Gentlemen, forget what your courtisans have told you: size does matter!
~CEO Nwabudike Morgan, Morgan Industries Annual Report

* Select your theme