Author Topic: Kittehz!  (Read 54115 times)

Offline Geo

Re: Kittehz!
« Reply #1935 on: December 31, 2019, 02:11:46 PM »

Online Buster's Uncle

• Through art, I
  • Transcend
  • €1029
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • Someone thinks a Winrar is You!  Because there are times when people just need a cute puppy  Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur  
  • AC2 is my instrument, my heart, as I play my song.
  • Planet tales writer Smilie Artist Custom Faction Modder Downloads Contributor AC2 Wiki contributor
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Factions
    • Awards
« Reply #1936 on: March 19, 2020, 08:36:14 PM »

Finally got to this today, only two or three weeks late.

-All I did to the holly bush/tree in the last year was go by every few days in springtime after cat feeding and pinch off new shoots on the top according to a vague sense of the shape of a round top.  I'm pretty pleased with how it mostly conformed to filling out the spherical shape I was told by my wimminz to go for.  This would not take all the work in the world to neaten up the shape, and the thing has proven, over and over, very hard to kill.

Nevertheless, my gimpy left shoulder didn't like when I had to bear down hard to cut a thick bit, and it is two or three weeks late, so I didn't prune very aggressively.  It still needs another year or so filling in/out before I have enough to work with to do a truly pedantic attempt at a sphere.  The shape looks much poorer at other than the front angle, though Momma agrees that only that, how it looks out the window and what visitors see from the carport, actually matters.

So it got a cursory 20 minute going-over, and the azalea on the left got a little of the most extreme protrusions cut back -both azaleas and the sweetbulb on the left need ruthless pruning, but not now when the azaleas are beginning to bud- but the holly and azalea aren't touching any more, and that will let a bit more light encourage growth on the left of the holly for balance, and it definitely looks better with a bit of neatness trim and the volunteer growth around the base cleared.

I'll need to do a fair deal more casual pinch pruning on the top of the holly through summer, but I predict by next winter, it'll have filled in more on the right and bottom, and be ready to trim into a first-rate sphere...

Above is before, of course.  Below is after today's light-ish cleanup...

Offline Rusty Edge

« Reply #1937 on: March 19, 2020, 09:58:18 PM »
Much better!

Online Buster's Uncle

• Through art, I
  • Transcend
  • €1029
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • Someone thinks a Winrar is You!  Because there are times when people just need a cute puppy  Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur  
  • Planet tales writer Smilie Artist Custom Faction Modder Downloads Contributor AC2 Wiki contributor
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Factions
    • Awards
« Reply #1938 on: March 27, 2020, 11:32:19 PM »
For Rusty, because I don't think I ever posted a good shot of her rock wall.

Offline Rusty Edge

« Reply #1939 on: March 28, 2020, 03:53:30 AM »
Thanks. Nice to see green spring pictures, for that matter. We're still in the post snow mud phase.

Online Buster's Uncle

• Through art, I
  • Transcend
  • €1029
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Factions
    • Awards
« Reply #1940 on: March 30, 2020, 01:34:26 AM »
This afternoon - the azaleas are having their annual 15 minutes allasudden...

Offline Rusty Edge

« Reply #1941 on: March 30, 2020, 02:02:37 AM »
Beautiful! It rained much of the night here. More mud, but things are greening up.

Offline Geo

« Reply #1942 on: April 03, 2020, 07:49:21 PM »
I'm a bit surprised those walls are still blank. What with all those artists in the family. ;)

Offline Rusty Edge

« Reply #1943 on: Today at 03:12:38 AM »
Oh! Yesterday my niece finally came and collected her cat, which has been a resident guest in our home for 33 months ( while she was working towards a cat friendly living arrangement)  So we are finally down to our official 3 cat limit.

Well, tonight another niece who is working from home dropped off both of her cats. They have become such pests that they are interfering with her productivity, and she needs to get caught up. I'm guessing they'll be here for about 2 days. These cats visit on some weekends, they are the ones Chester follows around the house, to keep them from starting any trouble.

We have been on standby as cat keepers in case a cousin once removed needs to move home with her parents. Doesn't look like that's going to happen, but her mom's cat doesn't get along with intruder cats, so we kept this cat before when the extended family went on a cruise this winter.

We shall see how things go. Chester is showing signs of paying attention to my wife now that the guest cat is gone and there is more space on her chair. If he doesn't become her pet ( and not just mine) I have a sense the Mrs. will be asking for a cat for Christmas.

* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Select language:

* Community poll

SMAC v.4 SMAX v.2 (or previous versions)
-=-
18 (7%)
XP Compatibility patch
-=-
9 (3%)
Gog version for Windows
-=-
72 (28%)
Scient (unofficial) patch
-=-
26 (10%)
Kyrub's latest patch
-=-
14 (5%)
Yitzi's latest patch
-=-
85 (33%)
AC for Mac
-=-
2 (0%)
AC for Linux
-=-
5 (1%)
Gog version for Mac
-=-
10 (3%)
No patch
-=-
12 (4%)
Total Members Voted: 253
AC2 Wiki Logo

* Random quote

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
~Konstantin Tsiolkovsky, The Father of Rocketry

* Select your theme