Update of submission rules:
Please submit your game in the following way:1)
Send the save (in .zip format) to:
smac [TOD] spl [TA] gmail [TOD] com2)
Post a short message here, that you sent such email (so there is a confirmation in case of problems, like spam filters, etc.)
Your message should not contain any info about how well you performed!
Like MY year or score.
This is in order not to influence players, that submit after you.
This is to list players that have submitted the game.
Exact score and place will be given after deadline.It is still extended, but as we get more submissions, this long extension will have termination date given.
This is the first game of SMACX-SPL, SinglePlayer League.
Faction played: University of Planet (original from SMAC)
Game of SMAX (Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Alien Crossfire)
Version: Yitzi patch 3.3
(check version by keys: <CTRL> + <F4> when in the game)Deadline: Extended till some time in the future.
Due to circumstances the deadline will be determined later and it will be noted here
as soon as it is known...
(Some month some day, some year, GMT-12, midnight.)
Submit save (a rule for now): by attaching the save to this thread.
NOTE: This game is specially designed, please read how to play it.
Rules are in this thread, first post, where you can also discuss them:Link
Please use this thread for technical issues only and for submissions.
Spoiler SPL-01 game thread is here:Link
Game settings in detail are in the second post.How to play:
After downloading the game and putting it in your usual, standard SMACX game folder,
start the game, the expansion Alien Crossfire and choose:
Multiplayer > Hotseat/PBEM > Load multiplayer
Load the game, the password is:
(it is a single space character)
- The game, although multiplayer technically, is in fact single-player, because there is only one human faction declared.
- You can save the game, as in multiplayer, but then the game quits, as "iron man" mode is always enabled in multiplayer.
- At the end of each turn you need to press <ENTER> <SPACE> <ENTER>, which is only a little more than in standard
single player game with feature enabled "wait at the end of turn."
- You cannot enable scenario editor in such game.
- If you restart a game from a save file, that you have already loaded before, there is a warning for you, as in regular multiplayer game.
- If by mistake you load the game in single-player game mode, it will load, but it will be played by AI, you will soon notice this.
Please quit such game in order not to "view the future." Restart from your save, that was saved from multiplayer mode.