Games Links:SPL-01 Game
===SMACX Single Player League
In preparation to launch the League:RANKING TYPES
- Total number of gold medals. [SPL-G]
- Total number of medals. [SPL-M]
- Best score (one game). [SPL-S1]
- Best score (five games average). [SPL-S5]RULES
- In order to submit a legitimate save game for SPL Ranking, it must be your first attempt in the game.
- It must follow presented below GENERAL SINGLE PLAYER RULES
- The submission must be before or at the deadline day GMT-13, midnight.
- You can submit a save file a turn before victory (write shortly, what ends&wins, e.g. unit enter base x; enter endturn) or a turn after victory. You cannot play further for score and submit any later save file.
- You can submit your game, which ended due to time limit for score rankings.
- You can submit your game, which you lost, for score rankings. Saved game should be a turn before you were defeated.
- Attach save file to the appropriate forum thread. You can zip it to .zip or .7z
- In a case of reload needed, please shortly explain (game crash, system crash, Win OS knows better when to restart you computer than you, etc.)
- Possible victory types are:
Cooperative victory is always off.
- A game has one to four victory types selected, game is won by any of the enabled type in the smallest number of turns. In case of a tie, score decides.
First three players receive gold, silver and bronze medals.
- A score is always noted for score-based standing types.
- You should not view other submissions before completing and submitting your own game.GENERAL SINGLE PLAYER RULES
(Adapted from multiplayer rules at AC2)
1. A player may not use build queue manipulation or other loopholes to hurry production at a cost that would be lower than directly hurrying the item that one intends to build. However, Skunkworks use for switching without penalty is allowed.
2. A player may not use build queue manipulation or other loopholes to build something you could not directly add to the build queue. [Example: a satellite without Airspace complex].
3. A player is not permitted to make more than one social engineering change per line, per turn. For instance, one is not permitted to start the turn in wealth, switch to power mid-turn for the extra disbanded minerals, and then switch back to wealth that same turn, getting the refund.
4. Additional move after former builds something and his flag is gray is not allowed.
5. Exchanging bases with AI, base for a base, is forbidden. AI has no "intelligence" in this case. [a base for EC both ways, gifting, extortion is allowed].
6. Upgraded crawlers cannot be used for adding to SP or a prototype. A player will need to remember this for such crawlers throughout the game.
7. Allowed: upgrading in workshop or on field, any time.
8. Allowed: reverse-engineering.GAME CREATION
The way of generating a new game is selected in such a way, that:
- making a new game is fast
- produces good quality games
- does not require lengthy scenario generation
- games keep certain standard, so we can compare results from various games and create ranking of players
- creator can play also for standingsA new game is generated in the following way:
1) A single player game with desired options is created.
2) The starting location of the faction is then rated if appropriate, based on:
- location (close to a pole or close to equator, other land features, that are visible in the base-cross tiles).
- land shape (even with tiles covered, some features can be seen from land shape, crater, Pholus ridge, etc.).
- other clue is if the game gives a unity foil at the start, what happens if colony pods are on a small island.
If needed, a new game in this way is generated again, if the current game is acceptable, going to point 3.
3) The map is zoomed in to maximal setting. The minimap on the panel in the lower left corner is covered with a piece of paper. Scenario editor is enabled and immediately the key <Y> is pushed to cover the map again. (this way he/she does not see anything more than at standard game start).
4) Additional settings via scenario editor are introduced:
- For AI: strategy, personality. [And nothing more in this ruleset version].
- Possibly final ending year is changed. [And nothing more in this ruleset version].
- Force current difficulty level is checked.
- Force player to play current faction is checked.
5) Scenario editor is disabled.
6) The game is saved. Note: it is not
a scenario. And SMACX is quit.
7) The .SAV file is renamed to .Sc
8 ) SMACX is started again and options are chosen:
- Multiplayer > Hotseat/PBEM > Multiplayer Scenario
The mentioned scenario file is selected.
Difficulty level is selected [We play Transcend only, for now]
Faction is selected.
No other factions are added to this multiplayer setup.
9) A message box opens, where game creator is asked to set-up password, it is always:
10) The game is saved at this point as starting save file and submitted to players.NOTES TO RULES:
- The game, although multiplayer, is in fact single-player.
- At the end of each turn you need to press <ENTER> <SPACE> <ENTER>, which is only a little more than in standard single player game with feature enabled "wait at the turn end."
- You cannot enable scenario editor in such game.
- If you restart a game from a save file, that you already loaded before, there is a warning for you, as in regular multiplayer game.
Let's see what will develop out of it.
For now, in plans would be a game every 2-3 months. So 4 to 6 games a year.
A full game, that you would like to play for rankings can easily take more time, especially when you would pay attention to many details for a better result. So this is why 2-3 months is in my opinion reasonable time, considering we would like to keep this games coming and not have players get tired.
We would start with classical approach, so first go standard 7 factions.
We would play mostly SMAX, I am not sure, how often SMAC.
As for settings, I have some typical in mind, also certain settings should not be applied (like Cooperative victory).
Soon the first game. It will be University.
And the first game is away. Download 2101 save here:Link
Posted a training save game.
It is prepared in a regular way, but with no deadline and effect on ranking. For training purposes.Link