Author Topic: Random crap with Uno.  (Read 384014 times)

Offline Unorthodox

Re: Random crap with Uno.
« Reply #6195 on: February 20, 2019, 03:28:48 AM »
Does this work?

Me...two years younger. 

Unfortunately the next several years were costumes you can't see my face, so I don't have anything of use handy. 

Offline Unorthodox

« Reply #6196 on: February 21, 2019, 08:16:29 PM »
https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900055180/salt-lake-city-utah-making-more-snow-with-cloud-seeding-winter.html

Apparently we begun a cloud seeding effort this year, which might be partially responsible for the average>above average snowfall.

PERSONALLY, I think part of the dry spell has been due to 'upstream' cloud seeding efforts as it is.  Nevada has had a program in place for years.  I'd be curious to see if in years to come downstream folks have drought. 

Offline Geo

« Reply #6197 on: February 21, 2019, 09:27:12 PM »
https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900055180/salt-lake-city-utah-making-more-snow-with-cloud-seeding-winter.html

Apparently we begun a cloud seeding effort this year, which might be partially responsible for the average>above average snowfall.

PERSONALLY, I think part of the dry spell has been due to 'upstream' cloud seeding efforts as it is.  Nevada has had a program in place for years.  I'd be curious to see if in years to come downstream folks have drought.

The article said the drought has been going on for DECADES?

Offline Unorthodox

« Reply #6198 on: February 21, 2019, 11:10:41 PM »
Started mid 90s or so?  There's surely been a few scattered normal years in there, so probably not completely solidly drought condition for decades, but essentially yeah. 

But there's a couple sketchy things with our local weather. 

Nevada and California cloud seeding 'upstream' 
Mid 80s through I don't know when, they were pumping megacraptons of water out of the GSL, which plays a huge part in our weather patterns, because in the 80's it had grown to nearly swallow I-15. 

How much did those lead to the drought now?  I'm not scientist enough to know. 

Offline Unorthodox

« Reply #6199 on: February 22, 2019, 02:26:18 AM »
I've been knocked on my ass all week, and am about done with it. 

Sat>Monday my gallbladder decided to act up again.  Much similar to when I went to the hospital though not quite to the crippling chest pain.

I went in to work Tuesday, but regretted it by evening as the cold Talia brought home settled in.  Laid out with fevers ever since.  I haven't slept in a good 24 hours as the medicine to breath leaves me bouncing off walls wired.  Several attempts at sleep never get more than shivering under a blanket.

Offline E_T

« Reply #6200 on: February 22, 2019, 06:55:33 PM »
Hope you feel better soon

Did you see about the New Play by Cloud (see post in Civ6 subforum) and colorblind options out for Civ6 (part of the new patch)?  Maybe you can see about getting a game or two going...
Three time Hugo Award Winning http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php
Worship the Comic here
Get your schlock mercenary fix here

Offline Unorthodox

« Reply #6201 on: February 23, 2019, 03:36:58 AM »
Presently clocking in at $100 or more to jump in, there's no way in hell I'm even looking into it. 

I'd rather put that money into clay/Halloween. 

Plus this little tidbit:

New EULA:
"The information we collect may include personal information such as your first and/or last name, e-mail address, phone number, photo, mailing address, geolocation, or payment information. In addition, we may collect your age, gender, date of birth, zip code, hardware configuration, console ID, software products played, survey data, purchases, IP address and the systems you have played on. We may combine the information with your personal information and across other computers or devices that you may use."

Offline hEtErOdOx

« Reply #6202 on: February 25, 2019, 06:06:16 AM »
You couldn't pay me enough to post hEt's childhood pics without permission.

Yeah, that was a wise decision. I went through an awkward stage at that age that Talia doesn’t seem to be going through. She’s almost as tall as me, although at 5’2” that’s not hard, she’ll probably end up a few inches taller than me.

Offline Unorthodox

« Reply #6203 on: March 14, 2019, 01:59:15 AM »
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

That is an impressively BAD version of Mother. 

Offline Spacy

« Reply #6204 on: March 17, 2019, 06:31:14 PM »
Best quote from me grading exams this marking period, "The Flint water crisis was a result of politicians failure to properly install condoms".
Known as Godking on mosts Civ forums (such as www.weplayciv.com )

Offline Rusty Edge

« Reply #6205 on: April 15, 2019, 05:26:27 PM »
How's the gallbladder? I know the pain is terrible. My wife had problems until she had hers removed.

Offline Geo

« Reply #6206 on: April 16, 2019, 09:44:22 AM »
Best quote from me grading exams this marking period, "The Flint water crisis was a result of politicians failure to properly install condoms".

I assume "conduits" was meant? ;lol
Small wonder if politicians have so many harassment cases laid out on them if installing condoms is part of their job. ;)

Offline Unorthodox

« Reply #6207 on: April 18, 2019, 08:35:36 PM »
Meeting. 

We're looking to acquire insert part from system I worked on for 15 years. 

"If we get those you're going to have to pay to recover the (insert dangerous chemical), because we can't use that any more and cannot store it at this site." 

Engineer:  "We've never used (dangerous chemical), it was banned in 96." 

"These were built in the 60s.  They're full of it, approximately 800 lbs per part." 

Engineer:  "Anyone heard of this before?" 

Room agrees no one has ever heard of the chemical being used.

Engineer:  "Stick to your job, this is engineering work"

"Check the drawings." 

Customer:  "Get Alphabet in here (engineer I used to work with on former project, his last name has just about every letter in it)" 

Meeting skips this and continues for another hour. 

Alphabet:  "What do you need me for, Uno's right there?" 

Engineer:  "He's just a (title), we have engineering questions about using insert parts."

Alphabet: "Well, they never purged the dangerous chemical, so you're going to have to recover that before they can be used.  Uno knows more about it than I do, he's the one that discovered they were never purged in the first place, and wrote the SOP for handling them.  In fact, he wrote a LOT of SOPs on the system, you might want to listen when he speaks up." 

Offline Geo

« Reply #6208 on: April 19, 2019, 09:15:16 PM »
Did "engineer" blush at some point?
"Just" a (title)? Who does this person think he is? Besides, I thought you 'upgraded' quite a bit in your job sometime in the last year?

Btw, nobody's quoted on the "check the drawings" remark? ;)

Offline E_T

« Reply #6209 on: April 20, 2019, 05:19:07 AM »
Did "engineer" blush at some point?
"Just" a (title)? Who does this person think he is? Besides, I thought you 'upgraded' quite a bit in your job sometime in the last year?

Btw, nobody's quoted on the "check the drawings" remark? ;)
that's because it was UnO speaking...
I want to know what the reply was (both verbal and non-verbal), after Alphabet had said what he had said...
Three time Hugo Award Winning http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php
Worship the Comic here
Get your schlock mercenary fix here

* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Select language:

* Community poll

SMAC v.4 SMAX v.2 (or previous versions)
-=-
14 (5%)
XP Compatibility patch
-=-
8 (3%)
Gog version for Windows
-=-
65 (27%)
Scient (unofficial) patch
-=-
24 (10%)
Kyrub's latest patch
-=-
14 (5%)
Yitzi's latest patch
-=-
82 (35%)
AC for Mac
-=-
2 (0%)
AC for Linux
-=-
5 (2%)
Gog version for Mac
-=-
10 (4%)
No patch
-=-
10 (4%)
Total Members Voted: 234
AC2 Wiki Logo

* Random quote

As the writhing, teeming mass of mindworms swarmed over the outer perimeter, we saw the defenders recoil in horror. 'Stay calm! Use your flame guns!' shouted the commander, but to no avail. It is well know that the Mind Worm Boil uses psychic terror to paralyze its prey, and then carefully implants ravenous larvae into the brains of its still-conscious victims. Even with the best weapons, only the most disciplined troops can resist this horrific attack.
~Lady Deidre Skye 'Our Secret War'

* Select your theme