Author Topic: Random crap with Uno.  (Read 406532 times)

Offline Unorthodox

Re: Random crap with Uno.
« Reply #6330 on: October 16, 2019, 02:13:33 AM »
So, you know I'm doing things a lot differently this year.  Long slow set up.  This is giving me an opportunity to really think about steps and communicate those with some of my students. 

Exploring lighting, this is a very basic setup.  Trevor's base there just to give me spotters, I'm not putting a lot out till I see the weather report, but I can do most of these behind the scenes things of running wiring, lighting, etc.

So, a lot of the students mention how good it looks...I start pointing out the sidewalk is too dark down to the right.  Adding a warm light outside the fenceline will highlight the fence, and thus hide the green lighbulbs.  See how it draws your eyes away near the gate. 

My solution will be some of my bifurcated pumpkins. 

Another standard, good shadows up on the house, more stones will enhance that.  Looking good? 

Dark gaping hole to the right of Trevor there is a wasted opportunity.  My solution there's going to be an Uno vs pinterest experiment.  Yes, I'm going there.  I don't have a good shot of it yet...

And I have a slew of problems over by the gate.  I used to use my fence as a visual separation of zones, but we haven't rebuilt the fence yet...I'm kind of at a loss here, going to think on it. 

Offline Buster's Uncle

• Through art, I
  • Transcend
  • €1030
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • Someone thinks a Winrar is You!  Because there are times when people just need a cute puppy  Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur  
  • AC2 is my instrument, my heart, as I play my song.
  • Planet tales writer Smilie Artist Custom Faction Modder Downloads Contributor AC2 Wiki contributor
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Factions
    • Awards
« Reply #6331 on: October 16, 2019, 02:39:04 AM »
Students?

Offline Unorthodox

« Reply #6332 on: October 16, 2019, 02:52:32 AM »
I don't know that followers is exactly the right word.  Students is closer if not perfect. 

Offline Buster's Uncle

• Through art, I
  • Transcend
  • €1030
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • Someone thinks a Winrar is You!  Because there are times when people just need a cute puppy  Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur  
  • AC2 is my instrument, my heart, as I play my song.
  • Planet tales writer Smilie Artist Custom Faction Modder Downloads Contributor AC2 Wiki contributor
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Factions
    • Awards
« Reply #6333 on: October 16, 2019, 03:04:17 AM »
Facebook?  Your blog isn't exactly burning up the nets with activity this year.

Offline Unorthodox

« Reply #6334 on: October 16, 2019, 12:29:59 PM »
Yeah...I've got some things going in the background on the blog, but timing of things casts it into next year.  We'll see if the other areas don't improve and the opportunity is still there. 

No, a lot of us oldtimers were trying to wrestle the corporate juggernaut back into something salvageable.  I'm finishing off the season there, but likely not starting next season.  I'd done a tutorial on Trevor, lighting, monster mud, chimera build philosophy over there this year, and have just generally been talking through a lot of setups this season, but the corporate keeps interfering and I'm about done. 

Offline E_T

« Reply #6335 on: October 16, 2019, 04:25:57 PM »
Padawans?
Three time Hugo Award Winning http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php
Worship the Comic here
Get your schlock mercenary fix here

Offline ColdWizard

« Reply #6336 on: October 16, 2019, 05:06:43 PM »
Disciples of the art of Halloween.

Offline Unorthodox

« Reply #6337 on: October 21, 2019, 12:49:07 AM »
https://www.ksl.com/article/46657223/utah-farmers-short-on-pumpkins-after-freeze

With a solid week of hard freezes on forecast between now and Halloween, there's a chance I won't have pumpkins. 

Offline E_T

« Reply #6338 on: October 24, 2019, 04:14:36 PM »
ouch!!

by the way, today is my birthday
Worship the Comic here

Offline Rusty Edge

« Reply #6339 on: October 25, 2019, 06:35:31 AM »
ouch!!

Happy Birthday!

Offline Geo

« Reply #6340 on: October 25, 2019, 01:14:00 PM »
Happy afterbirthday!

Offline Unorthodox

« Reply #6341 on: October 26, 2019, 03:03:19 AM »
ouch!!

Always was jealous of the october Bday folk. 

We're into day 2 of vacation now. 

Return of the living mounds bars has expressed itself as the pathway this year. 

This is easily the most mainstream setup I've ever done.  It'll likely be people's favorite due to that fact. 

Cornfield around the side, if you look close, that's father at the back, and by the children's demand, Cropper has come out of retirement as well. 

Currently debating whether to pull the pathway lights or not around back.

Oh, and Talia on the way to the dance in a little thing I've been working on.   

Offline Unorthodox

« Reply #6342 on: October 29, 2019, 09:08:15 PM »
I do believe we might still have snow by Halloween...

Offline Unorthodox

« Reply #6343 on: October 30, 2019, 03:05:27 PM »
It's 8 degrees american.

But the sun is out, so there's that...

Party temps are supposed to start at about 30 degrees, and end around 22.  I don't know how many will come out in this cold to be honest, but that might not be a terrible thing either. 

The amusement park shut down for the season early due to the temps and snow, and several other events have just cancelled. 

On my end, the breathing graves don't work in freezing temps, so I scrapped them, and the coconut pathway might cause some problems tonight, but will be ready for tomorrow. 

I'm off to fuel up all flame sources.  I pulled out a couple of the old torches, we have 3 fire pits, and a handful of ye olde kerosene lanterns.  The pumpkin lights, I'm a little concerned about battery life in these temps, but it is what it is at this point.  I believe I have enough tea light candles to light most if it really comes down to that, the wind is supposed to be non-existent. 

Offline E_T

« Reply #6344 on: October 30, 2019, 05:26:13 PM »
Good Luck and Happy Samhain
Worship the Comic here

* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Select language:

* Community poll

SMAC v.4 SMAX v.2 (or previous versions)
-=-
17 (6%)
XP Compatibility patch
-=-
8 (3%)
Gog version for Windows
-=-
69 (27%)
Scient (unofficial) patch
-=-
25 (10%)
Kyrub's latest patch
-=-
14 (5%)
Yitzi's latest patch
-=-
85 (34%)
AC for Mac
-=-
2 (0%)
AC for Linux
-=-
5 (2%)
Gog version for Mac
-=-
10 (4%)
No patch
-=-
12 (4%)
Total Members Voted: 247
AC2 Wiki Logo

* Random quote

I swear sometimes they're watching me.
~Bozon Pete, Shift Foremant, Metagenics Biomachinery Division (Ibid.)

* Select your theme