Community > Recreation Commons

Whitney Houston comic strip

(1/2) > >>

Rymdolov:
Well, Whitney Houston's music is not my cup of tea, but there's no denying that she was a great entertainer and had a voice to die for. And if I have to choose to listen to one artist performing that kond of music, Whitney is the one for me (one of my sisters, whom I shared an apartment with for a time, is very much into that sort of stuff, so this is a considered opinion). She pwns Mariah Carey!  :)

Anyway, I know that one thing keeping you awake at nights, apart from contemplating Houston's untimely death, is the question of what Swedish alternative (for lack of a better word) comics might look like. A couple of years ago Liv Strömquist wrote a comic about Whitney Houston, a hopeful tale with an important theme. Top Shelf Productions, Strömquists US publisher has now published that comic online! Enjoy: http://www.topshelfcomix.com/ts2.0/whitney/

In case it's hard to read in your browser, there's a smaller version here, with an introduction (Comics Alliance): http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/02/16/liv-stromquist-whitney-houston-comic-domestic-abuse/

Buster's Uncle:
You know, I'd been thinking, since I heard, that Bobby Brown was not having a good week, whether he cared that she was dead or not...

Rymdolov:

--- Quote from: BUncle on February 16, 2012, 07:46:36 PM ---You know, I'd been thinking, since I heard, that Bobby Brown was not having a good week, whether he cared that she was dead or not...

--- End quote ---

You know, sometimes they say that Americans don't understand irony, but now it's me not getting it. What do you mean?

Buster's Uncle:
If you knew Bobby Brown and said anything honest to him in the wake of Whitney's untimely passing, what would it be?  This didn't exactly improve your opinion of him, did it?

He's a celebrity, and started taking a lot of [poop] from strangers the second the news broke, I bet.

Rymdolov:
Ok, I get what you mean. Hopefully, he's understood that he has a serious problem and has either gone through serious therapy or at least stayed away from relationships, the way alcoholics should stay away from booze.

Anyway, I'm glad that WH got away from it alive and had a couple of (hopefully) good years late in her life. She's an inspiration to anyone who's stuck in a difficult situation, I think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version