Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri & Alien Crossfire > GotM Archives

2012 01 Lost Eden GOTM: Stranger In A Strange World (SMAC)

<< < (3/13) > >>

Earthmichael:

--- Quote from: BUncle on February 22, 2012, 01:47:40 AM ---Great!

Now, you are allowed to try again and submit another save - if you tried to head straight for New Jerusalem and conquered only that, you'd have a real chance of winning.  (Quick victory wins over minimal casulaties, anyway.)  You know you want to...

--- End quote ---

Once I read that casualties only count for victories on the same year, I decided not to worry about casualties at all.

Can anyone tell me fastest time submitted for a trancendent game?  I would like to know what I have to try to beat  ;)

I think I can speed it up a bit, especially if I don't worry about take the Believer's sea base (which is needed for total victory).  But I don't think it is practical to rush straight for New Jerusalem on Transcendent.  It seems that Believer cities can each produce a unit per turn (either Rover or defensive), which seem to me to be too many reinforcements to handle for a city so far away from your own reinforcements.  Has anyone else gone straight for New Jerusalem on transcendent?  If so, what was your experience like?

Buster's Uncle:
I only played a beta before release at librarian without proper instructions, so my experience isn't that relevant - I conquered most of the Believer bases myself, because I didn't know I wasn't supposed to. :)

sisko:

--- Quote from: BUncle on February 22, 2012, 01:01:56 AM ---So you're absolutely not going to win 1st place, ;D but please post a save anyway. 

--- End quote ---

you're absolutely wrong about that, BUncle.  :P
Earthmichael made the only submission for the transcend scenario (at least till now), so he's is going to win it unless someone else beats his 2219 victory (which is very possible).
the standings section of the OP states that:

--- Quote ---Meaning:
The games played on lesser difficulty level won't be able to beat a superior level.
--- End quote ---

..and we had only one submission for the Librarian difficulty level so far.

Buster's Uncle:
I really should have looked back over the scenario goals before I said that - Kilkakon emphisized that part, but I saw after I posted that speed of completion comes first.

Having played it through wrong one time myself, I suspect I could beat 2219, and I'm not all that that hardcore.

I Have No Name:

--- Quote from: sisko on February 22, 2012, 01:10:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: BUncle on February 22, 2012, 01:01:56 AM ---So you're absolutely not going to win 1st place, ;D but please post a save anyway. 

--- End quote ---

you're absolutely wrong about that, BUncle.  :P
Earthmichael made the only submission for the transcend scenario (at least till now), so he's is going to win it unless someone else beats his 2219 victory (which is very possible).
the standings section of the OP states that:

--- Quote ---Meaning:
The games played on lesser difficulty level won't be able to beat a superior level.
--- End quote ---

..and we had only one submission for the Librarian difficulty level so far.

--- End quote ---

I didn't know that this was fixed to have a transcend difficulty... I suppose I should pay moar attention. I guess I can DL it and give Miriam a quick thrashing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version